4.06.2009

Collin David

We had a appointment with a specialist up in Tucson this last weekend to look at Collin's head. We've noticed that his head is REALLY mis-shaped and it tips to one side (kinda like he can't hold it up straight so it tips to the side) Well he said that Collin has a condition called Torticollis (also known as wryneck) One of Collin's neck muscles is longer than the other and b/c of the torticollis he has something called Cranial Plagiocephaly (which is why he head so soooo funky shaped) So we have to do stretches 5 times a day and go to a physical therapist in Tucson for the next couple weeks but they said that 90% of the cases will recover with the stretches. Worse case scenerio would be if it didn't go away by his 1st birthday they would have to do surgery. Other than that crappy news our little boy is PERFECT. We started him on pears and oatmeal (he wasn't into rice cereal) and he loves it. He is sleeping about 8-10 hours EVERY night! We love him so much!!!
Collin at his MiMi's jumping away!

4 comments:

Curtis Family said...

I'm glad he's healthy. I hope the physical therapy works for him. That really makes me wonder, because Brooklee's head is really lopsided too. Collin looks so cute in his little jumper. That is great that he is eating food! How exciting! They grow so fast!

Luke & Erica said...

Well I am glad that you found out what was up with his head. It stinks that you have to go back and forth to Tucson, I know how that is. We will be praying that the stretches work. I am hoping that Erynn outgrows her kidney thing. The thought of surgery just kills me.

The Bigler's said...

i love him and his mishapen head!!! i sure wish someone would let me babysit him...GEEZE!!! bbq on thursday?

lofgreenlegacy said...

I just love love love his smile! So sweet! I didn't know you were doing WW. I totally need to start up again. Dave's high school reunion is this year and I will not be the fatty mcfatty wife there! Anyways, hope all is well with you guys! You have such a cute little family!