8.18.2010

Collin's Hospital Stay:(

In June we noticed Collin had what looked like a bug bite on his chest...well after 4 days of it getting bigger and bigger and also having fevers we took him to the E.R. The Dr said he had a bad Staff infection that needed to be drained immediately. So our sweet baby boy went in for surgery and stayed in the hospital for 4 days. Unfortunately on the third day his fever came back so they had to take him in AGAIN to do surgery. He was such a trooper and luckily they got all of the infection out. I must say he was the CUTEST patient on the med/surg floor!!!
At the ER, see how red and swollen it was!
After 1st surgery
Can you tell I've been bawling my eyes out!
Didn't get checked into our room until 4am!
Grammie and Papa came to visit. He had his IV in his foot :(
Eating breakfast
Tyler stayed home with Logan but got to come visit during the day!
Hogging the bed, his IV blew in his foot so it was moved to his arm.
He fell in LOVE with the ice!
Bless his heart!
Once the IV was out of his foot we got to walk the halls!
Getting pretty bored after 4 days in a hospital!
He was so pale! What a little angel!!!
Here he is now completely healed with only a scar to remind us of that horrible week!

5 comments:

Curtis Family said...

Poor little baby!!! I wanted to cry looking at the pictures. I don't think I would have been able to handle it if that happened to one of my babies. I am so glad he is doing better!

hatch family said...

That must have been soo horrible, i can't even imagine my baby having to go through that! I"m glad everything is good now!

payneful life said...

That poor little guy! Oh I can only imagine how you were feeling at that moment. So glad that he's feeling better.

Josh and Katy said...

Poor Baby! And poor mom! I am glad he is doing better!

Megan T. said...

That is so sad! You both are troopers.