12.09.2008

Growing Boy!




Today was Collin's one month appt. and I have been looking forward to it b/c we got to see if he gained weight! See Collin was born at 6 lbs. 13 oz and when we left the hospital he was down to 6lbs. 4oz. I've been only breastfeeding him and apparently my milk just wasn't enough b/c as of his 3rd week of life he was only 6lbs. 11oz. So he hadn't even gotten to his birth weight plus he wasn't getting rid of his jaundice! So I've been breastfeeding THEN giving him 2-4 oz. of formula afterwards. So we went in today and he now weighs....7lbs. 11oz!!!!! He gained a whole pound in 5 days!!! He also grew one inch! He is now 21 1/2 inches long. I was so excited AND the doctor said his jaundice looks good and is going away! I was so relieved. Now the only problem is Collin want to eat all the time now! So I think I've created an eating monster! Oh well I'd rather have him healthy and a bit chunky than unhealthy, yellow, and skinny!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Look at those pretty blue eyes! Collin is looking good, Tay. You and Tyler did good!

lofgreenlegacy said...

He is so dang cute!!! His skin is so pretty. I'm glad he gained some weight. I'm like you, I like my babies with a little bit of chubs on them.

Ashley said...

I'm so happy to hear he's putting on the pounds! He is adorable! I still can't believe how much he looks like Tyler

Erin said...

He's such a cutie. How do you like the pictures?

Luke & Erica said...

Seriously in shock right now. I can't believe that it has already been a month. How the time flies.
It is so good to hear that you guys are doing well. Hope you have a great Christmas with your little bundle of joy!!!!!!!!

Josh and Katy said...

I love the picture at the top of your blog! He is adorable! You look great too! (And so does Tyler... I don't want him to feel left out.) :-)